Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution concerns storing and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server handled by a hosting supplier. There are different categories of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's have a glimpse at them. Doing so, you can conclude what you need, depending on whether you desire to own a weblog, mail accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by various providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file storage packages frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a specific amount of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely amiss interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would assign the load between autonomous sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different web site hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific distributors offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you desire to share an immense number of images with mates or partners since the solution is generally free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to managing your mailbox accounts. Some companies provide webspace hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you wish to run a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open email accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to keep as many videos as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to run a website. To some degree, it involves all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At Rasheed Hosting, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the typical email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular web content solely.